Thursday, February 23, 2012

Class Prophecy - 1.

Finally, we are able to claim our yearbook. It took us four years of waiting for a book that had our face for just one-fourth of a page. To be honest, I felt disappointed. Not only that I did not look good in the picture but some other information were not present. The clubs I have attended were nowhere to be found, the quote I wrote was replaced and my picture was just.... I felt that the four years of waiting was wasted and that the one thousand peso contribution for the yearbook was not a good investment.

Another thing that I do not like is that my beloved section, Saint Ignatius, has no class prophecy. I know it is a mistake in our part because we were not able to create one, but then they failed to inform us about this. Thus, resulting for our section to have no prophecy printed.

As me being bored, I decided to try and create one. So this is my prophecy for our class. So here it goes.

--

Tuesday. December.Twenty Twenty.

It is raining. Not that rain that usually bring flood to these crowded streets of Makati. This rain is the one that soothes and calm your senses. I have longed for this feeling. It made me remember the drizzles that often cools my head back in Zamboanga City. I am heading back.

Moving back to Zamboanga City is a tough choice for me. Ever since passing the bar examinations, this certain law firm became my home. Do not get me wrong, the incentives I receive from this firm is really high. It is just that I felt that I needed to give back to my home city.

I did not sleep. I spent the night having a despedida dinner with office mates. The restaurant, a well-known French restaurant, was owned by one familiar individual, Antonette Panes. We had a little chat, I told her that I'd be leaving for Zamboanga the next morning. She then told me that some of the Zamboanga-based IGIS are planning to have a reunion and she has plans of going to Zamboanga too.

I felt excited. The moment I heard reunion I felt a sudden jolt in my senses. I then called my best friend, Adrian Dante Sale. Adrian, worked as medical staff in a cruise ship. Well, he wanted to become an astronaut at first but then ships were the closest he can get to space travel, so he decided to go for it Now, he is planning to return to Zamboanga to continue a career as a nurse. I told him about the planned reunion. He also felt the same excitement that I had when I heard of it.

Morning. Six O'clock.

We were at NAIA terminal. Waiting for our planes to let us board. While waiting we have observed that the place was furnished excellently. At the back of my mind, I felt that I saw these furniture in sketches. I felt the familiarity, I felt I knew the one who designed these furniture. Then Adrian mouthed APRIL. At first I thought he was referring to the month but then I realized he was referring to Athena Bellotindos. She had great successes in the furniture industry. She was regarded as the next Cobunpue. Her pieces were sold not only to local celebrities and businessmen but also to international celebrities. I personally, have bought some pieces from her shop to be brought to my house in Zamboanga.

We booked for an eight o'clock flight. We were early because we wanted to avoid the heavy traffic that is unavoidable in EDSA. I turned my attention to the television in the waiting area. It aired a morning show that had just turned into its news section. It was, a cliche as it is, braggig about Filipino pride. There was a Filipino-American rap artist that was making waves in the United States. Designers from New Zealand and America that had Filipino ethnicity. A director who was just awarded in the latest Cannes Film Festival for her indie film entitled: Vinta. They flashed pictures of these individuals doing their crafts, then I smiled as I saw the familiar faces in the television screen. Dale Malabas, my classmate during second year high school, turned into a rap artist, rapping about freedom and patriotism. Kristine Nierva was apprenticed by Llhulier and made great gowns for international record artists. Yanee Imperial made her name known in Australia through her comfortable casual wears and beautifully crafted gowns. Lastly, the director, Ana Lim, made her name known to the world of film.Working hard for a film that was focused on the history of the city she loved, Zamboanga. All were planning to come back to the country and celebrate their holidays with their families here. I just wondered if they will be in Zamboanga or just be staying the hotels of Manila.

*not yet done! *will try to finish part 2 soon!

4 comments:

  1. omg!!! katakot but beautifully written !
    but ugh haha. please omit my surname. haha. please. hahaha. kasi baka ma google at lumabas ! huhuhu :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. gumawa ka din pla ng post bout kanina. meron din ako sa blog ko. :D

    anyways, yep. disappointing. ikaw na ang creative jan sa class prophecy ng igis. :D duele kasi nway kita ansina na yearbook.

    sorry i had to delete the prev. comment. mali mali kasi. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. can we all collect the yearbooks and have a symbolic mass burning as a sign of our protest???? wahaha

    ReplyDelete