Friday, February 10, 2012

Talk. Interview


*the me is looking for a company.

So what comes after graduation? 
Looking for a job.
So how is looking for a job like?
Hard.

In the past two days, we participated in a job fair that was initiated by the ADZU-CGO. It was a fun-filled experienced. Fun, because as a talkative person that likes socializing with strangers, it was exciting to get interviewed. 

Although I had experienced tougher interviews such as the MASICAP and the ADZU-Law interviews, the interviews that I had now where more challenging. The interviews that we had were of just a few minutes, if you are interviewed for more than 10 minutes it is considered long already. The challenge here was to give a lasting impression to the ones interviewing given the short period of time.

I applied for a total of nine companies, more than any of my classmates applied for. I wanted to get interviewed by many companies to increase my chances of being taken in to their company and not to be taken for granted. My favorite interviews were from Columbus, Coca-Cola and SIKAT. 

Columbus is a sardines canning company located forty five minutes away from where I am currently living. The reason why I liked the interview is that it was a pressure free interview. I was able to communicate with the interviewer in a casual manner. We laughed at some part. I also felt that I made a new friend in the person of the interviewer.

Coca-Cola is my dream company. Being interviewed by a representative from that company was a great honor for me. It was as if one of my dreams came true. I enjoyed the interview at the same time I enjoyed listening to the interviewer as she reviews my resume. I plan to apply to their company and be interviewed further by them.

Lastly, SIKAT. SIKAT is a tutoring company. They specialize in exams like the Civil Service Examinations, NMAT and other entrance examinations. The reason why I enjoyed the interview is because it came unexpectedly. I did not plan to apply for SIKAT but then I signed up and got interviewed out of nowhere. There I was able to release my frustrations of teaching and my dying want to teach people.

Over-all, the job fair was a fun experience. No rants about it. I just hope that all of us receive phone calls from the companies that we have applied to. 

:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. Ikaw na ang may work sooon :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinakyaw mo na ata lahat. sana i-hire ka ni manny! hahaha :D

    tayo na ang naghihintay ng mga tawag. ayt. :3

    ReplyDelete